We are all volunteers who love Des Moines and are passionate about bringing Arts to the city.
If you are passionate about the arts and want to be a part of our mission, please join us!
The mission of the Des Moines Arts Commission is to provide leadership in establishing cultural opportunities to improve the quality of life, enhance the aesthetic environment and to promote Des Moines as a center for great arts.
1) Represent the interest of the City in matters of the arts, to be a spokes group for the arts in the City and to keep the City Council informed on all such related matters.
2) Evaluate, prioritize, and make recommendations on funding for cultural arts needs within the City.
3) Review and recommend works of art for the City, especially works to be acquired through appropriations set aside from municipal construction projects. Local artists will be encouraged and given equal consideration for these projects.
4) Inform, assist, sponsor or coordinate with arts organizations, artists, or others interested in the cultural advancement of the community.
5) Encourage and aid programs for the cultural enrichment of the citizens of Des Moines and encourage more public visibility of the arts.
6) Develop cooperation with schools, local, regional, state and national arts organizations.
7) Obtain private, local, regional, state or federal funds to promote arts projects within the Des Moines community.